6.3.12

IMAGE OF THE WEEK #20

We all love old photos, especially the ones that bring back memories of times forgotten. This week I have decided to invite you to look at one of my old photos and therefore share an old memory. This photo was taken at the RAF Coningsby Airshow in 1988. It was taken with my first camera, a Minolta AF-EII. I had shot almost a whole roll of film, innocently I opened the back of the camera to see how much film was left, I was filled with joy to see plenty sitting there, this however didn't fill my Dad with joy. I got a stern telling off for opening the back of the camera. Until that point I didn't grasp how film and light worked. A heavy lesson learned and what felt like a day ruined. The camera rewound the film to the first frame. Much to my secret delight I started snapping away again. The result was almost a whole roll of ghostly grey double exposures. I now realise looking back on the days of my early visual exploration that they were by far my freest days. No constraints, just say what you see or rather snap what you see.

To see more form this camera click here... AF-EII

Simon Hewson©2012